PODCAST: This Week in Amateur Radio #1220
PODCAST: This Week in Amateur Radio Edition #1220
Release Date: July 16, 2022
Here is a summary of the news trending This Week in Amateur Radio. This week's edition is anchored by Chris Perrine, KB2FAF, Dave Wilson, WA2HOY, Don Hulick, K2ATJ, Will Rogers, K5WLR, Fred Fitte, NF2F, Eric Zittel, George Bowen, W2XBS, and Jessica Bowen, KC2VWX.
Produced and edited by George Bowen, W2XBS.
Approximate Running Time: 1:43:04
Podcast Download: https://bit.ly/TWIAR1220
Trending headlines in this week's bulletin service:
1. ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference Returns in September 2022
2. Geochron Atlas 2 4K World Clock Donated to ARRL Headquarters Station W1AW
3. ARRL Is Seeking A Public Relations & Outreach Manager
4. FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel Announces Staff Changes
5. Amateur Radio To Be Showcased At 2022 EAA AirVenture In Oshkosh, Wisconsin
6. James Webb Telescope Sends First Deep Field Images To Scientists
7. FCC Relaxes Covid Regulations To Allow In-Person Visits
8. Radio Authority In Switzerland Grants Exemption For Homebrew Transmitters
9. QSO Today Virtual Ham Exposition Is Searching For Presenters and Papers
10. FCC Rolls Out Affordable Connectivity Program To Replace Emergency Broadband Benefit
11. Vehicle Manufacturers Report A Steep Decline In AM Radio Receivers In Cars
12. Bidders Set for FCC's Upcoming 2.5 GHz Auction
13. CW Club Carries A Friendship Message On-Air
14. Richard William Ehrhorn, W4EA, Silent Key
15. Ulrich L. Rohde, N1UL, To Receive Engineering Achievement Award
16. Indonesia Is Set To Launch Its First Amateur Radio Satellite
17. Amateur Radio Operators Are Needed For The Marine Corps Marathon
18. ARRL Technical Innovation Award Honors Wojciech Kaczmarski, SP5WWP
19. British Columbian Amateurs Host Cruise In For Mobile Operators
20. FCC legacy Commission Registration System (CORES) To Be Retired
21. A new general Chairperson is appointed to head the 2023 Dayton HamVention
22. FCC order will help keep americans connected when disaster strikes
23. Hawaii Emergency Management Agency activates State Emergency Operations Center to monitor Hurricane Darby
24. Tennessee Governor Bill Lee Recognizes Amateur Radio Club, and Amateurs Across The State
Plus these Special Features This Week:
* Technology News and Commentary with Leo Laporte, W6TWT, The one thing you don't want to do with our technology reporter, is to ask him about keyboards. And this week, we did.
* Working Amateur Radio Satellites with Bruce Paige, KK5DO - AMSAT Satellite News
* Tower Climbing and Antenna Safety w/Greg Stoddard KF9MP, will talk about what different climbing devices are and will have their definitions and suggested use.
* Foundations of Amateur Radio with Onno Benschop VK6FLAB, will tackle the never talked about Power Supply Connector Dance Contest
* Weekly Propagation Forecast from the ARRL
* The latest from Parks On The Air and Summits On The Air (May 2022 Report) with Vance Martin, N3VEM
* Bill Continelli, W2XOY - The History of Amateur Radio. Bill returns with another edition of his summer series entitled "Amateur Radio History Headlines", with just the headlines, this week he will take us back to the mid 1940's.
RSS News: https://twiar.net/?feed=rss2
Automated: https://twiar.net/TWIARHAM.mp3 (Static file, changed weekly)
Visit our website at www.twiar.net for program audio, and daily for the latest amateur radio and technology news.
Air This Week in Amateur Radio on your repeater! Built in identification breaks every 10 minutes or less.
This Week in Amateur Radio is heard on the air on nets and repeaters as a bulletin service all across North America, and all around the world on amateur radio repeater systems, weekends on WA0RCR on 1860 (160 Meters), and more.
This Week in Amateur Radio is portable too! The bulletin/news service is available and built for air on local repeaters (check with your local clubs to see if their repeater is carrying the news service) and can be downloaded for air as a weekly podcast to your digital device from just about everywhere, including Acast, Deezer, iHeart, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, TuneIn, Stitcher, iVoox, Blubrry, Castbox.fm, Castro, Feedburner, gPodder, Listen Notes, OverCast, Player.FM, Pandora, Podcast Gang, Podcast Republic, Podchaser, Podnova, and RSS feeds. This Week in Amateur Radio is also carried on a number of LPFM stations, so check the low power FM stations in your area.
You can also stream the program to your favorite digital device by visiting our web site www.twiar.net. Or, just ask Siri, Alexa, or your Google Nest to play This Week in Amateur Radio!
This Week in Amateur Radio is produced by Community Video Associates in upstate New York, and is licensed under a Crea