Today’s stroll down Oddity Avenue delves deep into the urban subculture of Urban Exploration (or Urbex for short). Join your host, Jaimi Acres, as she weaves the narrative of Urban Exploration, highlighting some of their most incredible finds and asks questions about a mysterious group that call the
Updated Date: Mar 04, 2022
Publish Date: Apr 27, 2020
Top Snippets - 01. Urban Exploration is Amazing
Today’s stroll down Oddity Avenue delves deep into the urban subculture of Urban Exploration (or Urbex for short). Join your host, Jaimi Acres, as she weaves the narrative of Urban Exploration, highlighting some of their most incredible finds and asks questions about a mysterious group that call themselves ‘The Cave Clan’.
They remember the forgotten places. Slipping through fences, through doors, tunnels and drains like shadows. It’s the stories that fascinate them. Or maybe it’s the addictive thrill of illicit adrenaline. The history and the humanity that permeates through every fibre of the abandoned remains. These are the ones who take the risks. Who leap from beam to beam, who crawl through the spaces that no one would crawl through and find the memories left behind. These are the ones who brave the labyrinths deep beneath your city. These are the ones who ask why. The ones who discover and uncover. These are the urban explorers.
Shout out to the talented explorer Bianca from Abandoned Brisbane for providing us with her thoughts on urban exploration. Check out her photos and her Facebook page here: www.facebook.com/AbandonedBrisbane
• 7News interview with Shane Thoms: https://youtu.be/nzoVT5S2Nz0
• ABC interview with two urbexers: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-17/urban-explorers-delve-into-rundown-buildings-despite-dangers/9767268
• Lukie MC finds the shark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL2-iz5W57o
• Today Tonight Cave Clan segment: https://youtu.be/fk3LpF3iDqI
• Cave Clan website: www.caveclan.org
• Who the heck is Dsankter: https://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid=1&threadid=17093
• Dsanktuary’s Ghost: https://sewerfresh.com/photos/287/dsanktuarys-ghost
• Abandoned places around Brisbane, Queensland: https://www.who.com.au/abandoned-places-brisbane