We all want to look good, feel strong, and be in good shape. That's why a lot of people start running in the first place. However, while some people naturally lose weight in the process, it's not so easy for others. What gives? If we start running, shouldn't the weight just fall off? Unfortunate
Updated Date: May 22, 2022
Publish Date: Apr 12, 2018
Top Snippets - 031: Running for Weight Loss
We all want to look good, feel strong, and be in good shape. That's why a lot of people start running in the first place. However, while some people naturally lose weight in the process, it's not so easy for others. What gives? If we start running, shouldn't the weight just fall off? Unfortunately for most of us, that's not the case. There are a lot of factors that go into our body weight, so changing one thing may or may not lead to weight loss. Running alone does not guarantee weight loss and a thin body. Look at the starting line of any marathon. There are people of all shapes and sizes, all of them about to run the same distance, and most of them have been running and training for months or years for it. Running alone does not lead to a certain body type, weight, or shape. Today we talk about the many, many factors that go into our body weight, and why running may or may not be the best avenue for weight loss. There's a lot of science in the beginning of this episode, but we think it's necessary to understand what is going on in your body so that you can make the best decision for you. Near the 20 minute mark, we get into specific things you can do to help accelerate your weight loss through your physical activity. Keep in mind, running and physical activity only account for about 20 percent of how your body looks and how much you weigh. The lifestyle choices we make regarding food, sleep, and the other areas of our life account for the other 80 percent, so while running and physical activity is important, it's definitely not the only thing we have to think about. In this episode we talk about: What factors contribute to weight loss or weight gain How our hormones play a role Do calories really matter? How important is the quality of our food? Why the study of one is so important Recommended running schedules if weight loss is your goal Why losing weight and training for a race can sometimes oppose each other Understanding the difference between a weight loss goal and a racing goal What not to do if you are trying to lose weight Hope you enjoy it!! Let us know if you have any questions that you would like answered on our show! Thanks for Listening!! To help out the show: If you have a topic you would like us to talk about, please send us an email at email@example.com Come find us on Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat (angieRLR and kevinRLR) and say hi! Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one! Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play Interested in Training plans and Coaching? Check that out here! Check out our other episodes here Check out our new members-only area with a HUGE video library of strengthening, stretching, foam rolling, and mobility exercises, our guide on choosing the right running shoe, and more!! Check that out here. Don't forget: The information in this website is not intended to treat or diagnose any medical condition or to provide medical advice. It is intended for general education in the areas of health and wellness. All information contained in this site is intended to be educational in nature. Nothing should be considered medical advice for your specific situation.