Been thinking about writing a book? Want to start a podcast? What’s stopping you? “Girl, Do It!” Check out this week’s episode with Karen Williams, BCPCLC, Founder and Lead Coach @ COACH4LIFE, LLC, Las Vegas. Karen and I discuss the importance of “saying those things we want to do” then making them
Upload Date: May 21, 2021
There are currently no snippets from “Girl, Do It!” with Karen Williams.
Snippets are an easy way to highlight your favorite soundbite from any piece of
audio and share with friends, or make a trailer for An Intimate Conversation with Women of Color
There are currently no playlists containing this audio.
Add this audio track to one of your playlists
Been thinking about writing a book? Want to start a podcast? What’s stopping you? “Girl, Do It!” Check out this week’s episode with Karen Williams, BCPCLC, Founder and Lead Coach @ COACH4LIFE, LLC, Las Vegas. Karen and I discuss the importance of “saying those things we want to do” then making them a reality.
Also, check us out Saturday, 5/22 at 12p ET on ICW LIve on IG ~ From LA.
This week’s Guest is…
· Born in Montego Bay, Jamaica – moved around and lived with several different family members from birth to age 6 – lived with friends of my Mom from age 6-16 – then migrated to the U.S. at age 16 – Mount Vernon, NY summer of 1984
o Graduated: Mt. Vernon, High School 1986, and Joined the US Air Force right after
· Military career took me from NY to Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Germany, South Korea, Italy & The Pentagon VA
o Met my husband 30+ years ago in Korea – together we have a blended family of 4 adult children
· Gave up the military in 1998 to be a stay-at-home Mom, meanwhile homeschooling 2 of our children and attending Victory Christian Ministry School of Ministry (Now Victory Bible College) in Suitland, MD
o After graduation, joined the teaching team (part-time) until our move to Las Vegas in the summer of 2005
· Started at Allegiant Air to earn extra income, wasn’t looking for a career in aviation – 12months later I was graduating from their Flight Attendant Training Program
o Meanwhile, our new church home Canyon Ridge Christian Church, was growing fast and needed lay counselors, I registered for the 9month program, received my certification – the ministry would later evolve into Biblical Care Coaching – which was really setting me up for what I’m doing now – it’s an opportunity to serve my community
· Wanted to coach on a broader scale, got certified by American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) then Board-credentialed by the International Board of Christian Care (IBCC) – Jan 2020
· Started Coach4Life, LLC Jul 2020 – Steady growing my Practice – recently published my first book, Take No Thought: 52 Week Guided Journal for the Overthinker available on Amazon
Ways to Connect
WATCH + LISTEN + SUBSCRIBE + SHARE
Let's #Soar and #ElevateWOCVoices!
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/deneen-l-garrett/message