This week co-host extraordinaire Jason’s got a killer interview with Heidi Davis, a woman in long term recovery from alcoholism and addiction and very passionate about what brought her to and keeps her in long term recovery. I happened to read one of her social media posts that read like an intro to
Publish Date: May 22, 2020
There are currently no snippets from Got Problems? Heidi Davis Found Her Answer in Jesus | The Way Out Podcast Episode 191.
Snippets are an easy way to highlight your favorite soundbite from any piece of
audio and share with friends, or make a trailer for The Way Out | A Sobriety & Recovery Podcast
This week co-host extraordinaire Jason’s got a killer interview with Heidi Davis, a woman in long term recovery from alcoholism and addiction and very passionate about what brought her to and keeps her in long term recovery. I happened to read one of her social media posts that read like an intro to a recovery memoir and immediately said to your favorite recovery co-host “get her on the show”. I can’t tell you exactly why I was immediately compelled to get Heidi on to share her story, but I’ve learned after a few 24 hours in recovery to trust my instincts when they speak to me, and this time my instincts were demanding for Heidi to share her experience, strength, and hope. I do not claim to be a Christian, nor do I believe that Christianity, or any other religion is the only way to recover or the only path to freedom from Addiction and Alcoholism. What I do sincerely and whole heatedly believe however, is that it is indeed, if you will indulge me a play on words A Bonafede Way Out of addiction and/or alcoholism. A the old 12-Step mantra goes – take what you like and leave the rest. I urge you to listen to the similarities in Heidi’s story – heavens knows I found more than a few myself, and indeed listen for the commonality in Heidi’s struggle through a ravenous, unrelenting and certainly progressive bout of alcoholism and addiction and look for the universal key to recovery regardless of method – complete surrender. You’ll be nodding your head and laughing along as you relate to Heidi unfurling her story in only the way she can, so Listen Up.
You can find Heidi Davis on Facebook and you can contact her on FB messenger*** LADIES ONLY PLEASE ***
Book Recommendation: The Bible
If you don't know where to start Heidi recommends the gospel of John. Because John is the gospel of LOVE and you need to first understand how much God loves YOU!
Heidi's best advice:
1) Have at least one believer in your tribe who has battled the demon of addiction.
2) Be brutally honest with them. Share your struggles, pain, fear, concerns, and victories!
3) Get life verses. Find scripture that reminds you of who God says that you are and who He says that He is. PUT THEM EVERYWHERE. Jeremiah 29:11 is a great one!
4) Check in daily.
5) Pray daily.
6) Get in the word everyday. Read even when it doesn’t make sense. NO WORD RETURNS VOID.
7) Find a church and go. Even when you don’t want to. Those are usually the days God has a message for you.
8) Don't suffer in silence. Some days are going to be HARD. Put on praise and worship and SING YOUR WAY OUT!
9) Be still and know that He is God. You don’t have to have it all figured out. Know He does.
10) Show yourself grace and don't strive to be a SUPER CHRISTIAN. Let the Holy Spirit do the heavy lifting.
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/the-way-out-podcast/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/the-way-out-podcast/support